Not every PS edit has to be a desaturated one. Look how drama and an artisitic effect
can be added to a photograph with a beautiful texture.
Here is the photograph selected to process.
And this is the new Sapphire Dust Texture added to the image!
To download this texture for free, please click HERE.
To achieve the painterly feel of the first image in this post, I followed these steps:
* Open selected image in PS or PSE and make any levels adjustments you deem necessary.
* Open the Sapphire Dust Texture and drag it to fit your image.
* Try out different blend modes. I chose Hard Light and reduced Opacity to 85%.
* Use your erasure tool or a layer mask to remove any bits of texture you do not want
on key parts of your image.
* Flatten your layers.
* Duplicate your image.
* Select a Filter from the Artistic palette. I chose Dry Brush and then added
a second filter of Artistic>Paint Daubs.
* Go back to Filter>Artistic and try out Poster Edges reducing Opacity until
you get the effect you like. You can omit this step if effect does not please you.
* Add your signature and you are good to go!