Welcome to this week's Photo Art Friday!
Yes, we always begin Photo Art Friday on Thursday. Why? Just to be quirky, to cause a little confusion ;) and to allow early birds to hang their photo art as soon as possible every week. If you are an early bird, the virtual gallery opens at 7:00 p.m. EDT every Thursday just for you!
This week, as every week, you can showcase:
any piece of photo art that pleases you
a piece with a theme (in whatever way you choose to interpret it) of new life.
I considered sharing a couple of images of pretty, green buds, but in the end, I chose a photograph of some urban renewal to turn into photo art. That qualifies as a form of 'new life', right? :)
* open photograph and chosen texture in editing program
* levels adjustment on photograph to increase white values
* apply photograph to texture pdpa Aurora (from Gossamer Glow Texture Set)
* blend in Darker blend mode at 90%
* Layer> Merge Visible
* Layer> Duplicate File
* Filter>Artistic>Cutout - opacity 44%
* levels adjustment to increase white values again
* Layer>Merge Visible
* Layer>Duplicate File
* Filter>Artistic>Poster Edges - opacity 48%
* RadLab (selection made skies more blue than mauve and added a slight blur. Both of these steps could easily be done with your photo editing tools if you do not have RadLab)
* Filter>Artistic>Poster Edges - opacity 65%
* add watermark or signature
For participating in Photo Art Friday, I have prepared a little photo art party favor just for you. Do help yourself to this new texture.
This image is a low res version of your French, 'vintagey'-looking texture.
To download your free, high resolution image of pdpa Paris texture, click HERE.
A sweet way to say 'thank you' would be to become a 'Follower', if you are not already!
NOTE: I want to let you know that after the May 4th edition of Photo Art Friday (in two weeks), PAF will temporarily close its doors for the summer. Doors to our virtual gallery will re-open in the Fall. I'll be sure to give you lots of notice.
I need to devote some time to re-building my physical strength after this bout of walking pneumonia, to get away from the computer screen and to concentrate on my photography. Not to worry - I'll still be posting, offering free texture downloads, and my Texture Shoppe is always open for you to browse and acquire some always unique texture sets. It is just Photo Art Friday that will be on hiatus for what remains of Spring and for our all too brief, and therefore precious, Canadian summer.
For next week's PAF you can:
* link-up any piece of photo art that please you
* link-up a piece of photo art that contains one of my textures.
(Please name the texture in your post. Thanks. :)