Welcome! It's time to finish up your last minute touches on your photo art for this week. Photo Art Friday's virtual gallery doors open at 4:00 p.m. Thursday and will remain open to receive your submissions until Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
You are welcome to hang any piece of photo ART you choose OR you can link up a piece that follows this week's optional challenge:
The challenge this week (Feb. 8th - 9th) is to create a piece of abstract photo art using these components:
* pdpa Dropped Petals texture/background
* one other pdpa texture, and
* one or two images of your own, or images procured from the web
* the above 3 or 4 required components can each be used more than once in your abstract
You can find the free Dropped Petals texture, in depth instructions and extra tips for making a piece of abstract composite photo art here.
I have been sick this week and running around while sick for medical appointments and tests. I have not, therefore, had the time or energy to produce the type of abstract piece I had in mind and have had to settle with sharing one of my early attempts from last week. It's simple but I like the effect.
In this piece I used two textures and one image from the web manipulated in Photoshop par moi. Each piece was used once.
Above are the three components used to create the piece. Each was applied just once.
* used pdpa Dropped Petals background as the canvas or basis for the piece.
* applied the edited woman's face image (from the web) at an angle, leaving parts of Dropped Petals uncovered by it.
* blended the two above images in Difference and adjusted opacity to 62%.
* applied a Layer Mask and blended edges of face image into Dropped Petals background. I basically removed the line edges of the image with my masking.
* added pdpa Dancing Dust texture on top of other two images and blended it in Overlay at 100%.
* Levels Adjustment to bring in more whites (light).
* Hue/Saturation Adjustment to increase saturation of yellows only - to make them pop.
* Sharpened finished abstract composite slightly.
* Added my copyright banner for posting on the Internet.
For next week's Photo Art Friday of February 15th - 16th, the optional theme/challenge is to create a piece of photo art using my texture freebie from earlier this week - pdpa Bamboo Dream texture. If you have not downloaded it yet, you can find it in this post.
Photo Art Resource Cache subscribers can find new textures posted on the bonus pages and a new texture set will be posted for you this weekend.