Just popping in to again wish each of you a very happy holiday season! May all your preparations unfold smoothly and may you each find a little time to rest, reflect and count your blessings. (Even in the midst of difficult times, there are blessings to be found.)
One blessing that is high on my list is the connections made with so many like-minded photo artists during 2013. Your creativity and generosity truly touch my heart. May our interest in making art from our photographs continue to bring us together in 2014!
Here are a couple of pieces of photo art made from one photograph of a poinsettia.
The recipe for this second version is as follows:
* levels adjustment
* gradient adjustment using soft pinks and greens
* run through Rad Lab using stylets 'Oh Snap', 'Vario-Tone', 'EZ-Burn' and 'Rusty Cage' and reduced the overall 'strength' of the Rusty Cage stylet by 15%.
* reduced the opacity of the whole Rad Lab application by 20%
* merged layers
* duplicated resulting layer
* applied Filter>Artistic>Poster Edges, adjusting sliders to 0, 0, and 3. Reduced opacity of the poster edges to 85%.
* applied text using 2Peas Gift font
I like both versions, but probably favor the second. Since I made it just a few minutes ago, it does not appear in my second calendar. Oh well, maybe for one of my 2015 calendars!
If you have a moment in your busy schedule, please mark down the date for our first Photo Art Friday in 2014. It is January 3rd to 5th. Early birds will find the doors open to our virtual art gallery on Thursday, Jan. 2nd! Looking forward to seeing you then. (Scroll down to the previous post to see what the optional theme is for the 01/14 edition of Photo Art Friday.)
P.S. Did you sign up for the Photoshop Artistry course? I did and am really happy with it! You log in and watch as many of the instructive videos as you please - whenever you please. Can't get more convenient than that!